Design Principles - Final Compilation and Reflection

5.2.2024 - 24.3.2024 / Week 01 - Week 07
Tan  Zhao Yi / 0363285
Design Principles / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Final Compilation and Reflection



LIST






Task 3 - Final Submission

JPG:
Tan Zhao Yi_Waves of Waste_Task 3

PDF:
Tan Zhao Yi_Waves of Waste_Task 3

GIF: 
Tan Zhao Yi_Waves of Waste_Task 3



REFLECTIONS

As someone who isn't formally trained in drawing, I've found that learning about design principles has made a big difference in how I create art. Understanding these principles has helped me make my artwork better. I've learned that using design principles on purpose can make the messages in art more powerful. By using things like contrast, repetition, and unity, I've learned to make pictures that grab people's attention and get them talking about important world issues. This journey has shown me how important it is to use design principles in the right way to make complex ideas easier for people to understand through design.

At the beginning of Task 3 I was really nervous because this module is more about graphic design and I have no confidence in this area. To be honest, I did not really enjoy in the progress of Task 3 ideation because I was too eager to come out with ideas in a very short time. After I've done my drawing  in Illustrator, I popped out the idea of producing a GIF that I know it will be very challenging. For me, to produce a perfect animation takes days, months, or even years, as haste makes waste. There's too much details to be reconsidered with and the deadline is just right in front of me. Sitting in front of my laptop, I thought that I should've just go with it no matter what. After hours of backache, finally a somewhat completed GIF has done. I am really, really happy with my choices. Although it may not look so perfect but I did satisfied in the end as I know I'd tried my very best. 

Comments